August 19 – 25, 2023 Duration:
7 days / 6 nights Number of participants:
7 – 12 Cost per person (in lodges based on double accommodation):
– 2 790 USD subject to 11 – 12 participants, or
– 2 990 USD subject to 9 – 10 participants, or
– 3 150 USD subject to 7 – 8 participants. Everything is included except for:
- international flight to Kilimanjaro roundtrip (estimated cost Moscow – Kilimanjaro – Moscow is 1000 – 1400 USD. Bought on your own with our assistance)
- international medical insurance,
- visa of Tanzania (obtained upon arrival at Dar Es Salam or Kilimanjaro airport at 50 USD)
- mandatory tips on safari (approx. 80 USD per person) Single supplement:
480 USD TRAVEL PROGRAM: TOUR TO TANZANIA KILIMANJARODay 1. August 19, 2023 (Saturday). ARRIVAL IN KILIMANJARO AIRPORT – ARUSHA
Arrival in Kilimanjaro International Airport directly. Meet the guide. 45 min transfer to Arusha to Kibo Palace hotel 4*. Rest in the hotel with the nice swimming pool.
Dinner and overnight. Meals included: dinner
Accommodation: Kibo Palace hotel 4*
* Recommended flights:
– Ethiopian Airlines from Moscow via Addis Ababa, departure from Moscow on August 18 at 22:00, and then departure from Addis Ababa to Kilimanjaro at 10:35 am on August 19, arrival in Kilimanjaro at 13:10 on August 19, or
– Qatar Airways from Moscow via Doha, departure from Moscow on August 19 at 0:55 am, and then departure from Doha to Kilimanjaro at 8:00 am on August 19, arrival in Kilimanjaro at 16:20 on August 19, or
– Turkish Airlines from Moscow via Istanbul, departure from Moscow at 12:40 pm on August 19, and the departure from Istanbul on August 19 at 18:40, arrival in Kilimanjaro at 1:45 am on August 20, or
– Turkish Airlines direct flight from Istanbul, departure from Istanbul on August 19 at 18:40, arrival in Kilimanjaro at 1:45 am on August 20, or
– any other flight arriving in Kilimanjaro at any time on August 19 or on the night from August 19 to August 20.
Day 2. August 20, 2023 (Sunday). ARUSHA – SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast, drive by 4WD safari Land Cruisers to Serengeti National park (about 6 hrs drive) for evening game viewing.
Serengeti NP is famous for its population of wild cats as well as for hosting the great migration of wildebeests in its Serengeti and Maasai Mara ecosystem, as well as its population of African wild cats such as lions, cheetahs and leopards. It is probably the best place in Africa to spot leopards. Serengeti National Park is the biggest ecosystem in the world where 1,5 million wildebeests, 700 thousand zebras and 300 thousand Thompson gazelles follow the rains in order to find new feeding grounds.
Upon arrival, enjoy the evening game viewing in Central Serengeti.
After sunset dinner and overnight at fashionable Tanzania Bush Tented Lodge in Central Serengeti. Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Tanzania Bush Tented Lodge in Central Serengeti or Heritage Luxury Camp in Central Serengeti Day 3. August 21, 2023 (Monday). CENTRAL SERENGETI – NORTHERN SERENGETI
After breakfast drive to the Northern Serengeti for game viewing along the crocodile populated river Mara and experience the wildebeests crossing Mara river in search of fresh pasture. If we are lucky we can observe herds of herbivores, trying to migrate from Serengeti to Maasai Mara forcing Mara river being met by hungry crocodiles and hunted by other predators. Northern Serengeti is a natural habitat for all African Big Five: lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino.
After sunset overnight and dinner at trendy luxury Tanzania Bush Tented Lodge in Northern Serengeti, right in the middle of savannah with surrounding wildlife. Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Tanzania Bush Tented Lodge in Northern Serengeti or Nyikani Migration tented lodge Day 4. August 22, 2023 (Tuesday). NORTHERN SERENGETI – CENTRAL SERENGETI
Early morning game viewing on the very border of Serengeti National park and Maasai Mara game reserve (Kenya) to experience the wildlife species and watch the crossing. After the late African bush breakfast we proceed with game viewing along the Mara river and experience the river crossing by wildebeests. Bush lunch and drive to Central Serengeti for overnight and dinner at our favorite Tanzania Bush Tented Lodge. Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Tanzania Bush Tented Lodge in Central Serengeti
or Heritage Luxury Camp in Central Serengeti Day 5. August 23, 2023 (Wednesday). SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK – NGORONGORO CRATER CONSERVATION AREA – LAKE EYASI
After breakfast drive to the magical Ngorongoro crater Conservation area famous with its last remaining populations of endangered black rhinos, as well as its richness in other wildness species. Ngorongoro crater is a unique place, closed ecosystem, formed millions of years ago in a giant caldera of the ancient volcano. Great majority of the animals never leave the territory of the park, which appears the home for the whole African Big Five. If we missed the chance to encounter all Big Five in Serengeti, here we'd rather grab our chance to catch it up!
Enjoy a bush lunch at a Hippo Pool and proceed with game viewing until evening. Ngorongoro Crater is one of the best wildlife parks in the world, was awarded as the natural World's Wonder!
In the evening drive to Lake Eyasi Safari Lodge for evening leisure at the lodge. The lodge is situated nearby the Lake Eyasi – part of Great Rift valley. Dinner and overnight at the lodge. Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Lake Eyasi Safari Lodge at Lake Eyasi
Day 6. August 24, 2023 (Thursday). LAKE EYASI – HADZABE TRIBE – DATOGA TRIBE – KARATU
Very early morning drive to the Hadzabe (Hadza) tribe. Before they wake up, experience the traditional cannabis smoking ceremony before hunting. Go hunting with Hadzabe and later back for arrow shooting experience.
The Hadzabe are the indigenous inhabitants of the Lake Eyasi. They live around the lake in the central Rift Valley and in the neighboring Serengeti Plateau. There aresome 1,200 Hadzabe people living in Tanzania, however only around 400 Hadzabe still survive exclusively based on the traditional means of foraging: hunting and gathering.
Genetically, the Hadza are not closely related to any other people. Once classified among the Khoisan languages, primarily because it has clicks (sounds really Martian!), the Hadza language is actually thought to be an isolate, unrelated to any other.
Bush breakfast and proceed to Datoga tribe, specialized in iron smelting.
Datoga is the only Nilotic people living in the central regions of Tanzania, surrounded by the Bantu-speaking population. The Datoga pastoralists appear to have entered the Hadza region in the early 18th century, when the Maasai forced them out of the Ngorongoro Crater.
However, direct contacts between the Datoga and the Hadza occurred much later, at the beginning of the 20th century, when, under the onslaught of the Iraqw, Datoga were also ousted from the areas of modern Iraqw residence.
We will see traditional Datoga blacksmiths.
Then drive to comfortable Kudu Lodge in Karatu for late hot lunch. Evening leisure (swimming pool) and dinner at Kudu Lodge. Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner
Accommodation: Kudu Lodge in Karatu
Day 7. August 25, 2023 (Friday). KARATU – MAASAI TRIBE – KILIMANJARO AIRPORT
After breakfast proceed to the east, to visit the Maasai tribe. Stop at the Maasai tribal village to explore their natural lifestyle and culture.
The Maasai inhabit the African Great Lakes region and arrived via the South Sudan. The Maasai speak the Maa language, a member of the Nilotic language family, that is related to the Dinka and Nuer languages of South Sudan.
Maasai are pastoralists, and are famous for their fearsome reputations as warriors and cattle-rustlers. Maasai also consume fresh blood drawn from the necks of cattle with miniature arrows. And we can witness this ceremony.
Maasai are among the best known local populations internationally due to their residence near the many game parks of the African Great Lakes, and their distinctive customs and dress.
Experience traditional dance of Maasai with peculiar very high jumps up.
After early lunch, proceed to Kilimanjaro international airport, while enjoying the landscapes en route. Arrival in Kilimanjaro International airport at 2 – 3 pm. Return flight home. Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Accommodation: no * Recommended flights:
– Ethiopian Airlines to Moscow via Addis Ababa, departing from Kilimanjaro on August 25 at 17:35, and then departure from Addis Ababa to Moscow at 23:30 on August 25, arrival in Moscow at 7:40 am on August 26 or
- Qatar Airways to Moscow via Doha, departure from Kilimanjaro on August 25 at 17:25, and then departure from Doha to Moscow at 15:35 on August 26, arrival in Moscow at 20:25 on August 26, or
– Turkish Airlines to Moscow via Istanbul, departure from Kilimanjaro on August 27 at 2:40 am, and then departure from Istanbul to Moscow at 14:15 on August 27, arrival in Moscow at 18:10 on August 27 (extra night at the hotel in Moshi/Arusha needed), or
– Turkish Airlines direct flight to Istanbul, departure from Kilimanjaro on August 27 at 2:40 am, arrival in Istanbul at 14:15 on August 27 (extra night at the hotel in Moshi/Arusha needed), or
– any other flight departing from Kilimanjaro International Airport no earlier than 17:00 on August 25.